This Raw Lemon Amber teething necklace measures approximately 30-32cm's in length and it looks great on everyone!
Each bead is individually knotted so if the necklace was to break, only one bead would come free. The screw clasp is designed to break under stress.
Baltic amber works best by being heated by your skin allowing the release of its natural oils. For this reason it is recommended wearing a necklace where possible to allow the most amount of oil to be absorbed by your skin.
Each amber bead is completely unique. That's what makes it so special. But this also means each product’s shape and colour, may be slightly different to what is pictured.
All orders come with in a hand stamped keepsake bag. Baltic amber should be kept away from other jewellery so if you are not wearing it, it's best to keep in a soft cloth bag.
Safety for young children is very important when using the amber necklaces and bracelets. It is important that you follow these instructions:
- Do not allow your child to place the amber in their mouth or play with the necklace. This will prevent any potential choking hazard.
- Supervise your child at all time when wearing the necklace.
- Remove necklace whilst your child is sleeping. If you want you could put a bracelet on your child or wind the necklace around their ankle and safely cover with clothing.
- With correct care your amber should last for many years, but due to its brittle nature we recommend you check the amber beads for cracks and damage.
- All children’s jewellery is individually knotted ensuring that if a breakage does occur, only one bead will come free.
- The screw clasp is designed to give way when force is applied; this is a safety feature of the necklace and therefore not covered by warranty.
Caring for your Amber
Your amber should last you many years if you care for this ‘living’ stone with the care and respect it deserves:
- Never use a harsh cloth to clean your amber. Buff it softly with a micro fibre cloth like you would use on glasses.
- Avoid contact with household cleaners, soaps, hairsprays and other hair products, shampoo and conditioner, extreme heat and chemicals.
- If your amber has lost its shine rinse under cool water, buff with a soft cloth and add the tiniest amount of olive oil to a soft polishing cloth.
- Store your amber in a cool dark place wrapped in a soft cloth. Please do not store with other jewellery as it can scratch easily. Amber darkens with age due to oxidation but you can help stop it from being discoloured by storing it well away from heat and fluorescent lights.
- Avoid wearing your necklace in the shower or swimming. Frequent wetting and drying can weaken the thread on the jewellery.
Amberocks only uses genuine Baltic amber and comes with a certificate of Authenticity with a 6 Month warranty for your peace of mind. If your necklace or bracelet breaks, Amberocks will happily fix or replace it for you.
In 2010 Amberocks was started by a working from home mum as a small online store. But as family life took over, the business was passed on, and is now lovingly run by Kirsten and Monica, two sisters who saw an opportunity to make a difference for the lives of families through natural healing direct from the earth. We aim to offer the best quality products with a personal service that only a small business like Amberocks can offer.