Starting Solids with TinyBeets Foods
There is so much conflicting information out there that it can be difficult knowing exactly what your baby can have and when. Whether you’re a first-time parent or a second (or third!) time parent with a lot less time on your hands, introducing solids to your baby is a huge moment in their lives. Navigating this new world isn’t as complicated as it seems!
Signs your little one is ready for solids...
Age & Readiness
- Aged between 4-7 months old.
- They can sit upright with minimal support.
- Showing interest in food, eg: reaching for food, watching others eat.
- Able to co-ordinate swallowing.
Foods to Start
- Introduce a variety of nutrient rich foods.
- Begin with iron-rich foods such as pureed meat, poultry, or legumes.
- Gradually introduce fruits, vegetables, and grains.
- Start with small amounts and gradually increase.
- Offer a variety or textures including purees, mashed, and finger foods.
- Encourage self feeding and exploration of different foods.
- Include common allergenic foods after other foods have been introduced.
- Examples include peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, cow’s milk, wheat, and soy.
- Introduce these foods one at a time, monitoring for any adverse reactions.
Check out some of our most popular combos:
Chicken, Rice & Buk Choi
Veggie Beef Bolognese with Pasta
About TinyBeets Foods
We are Anthony and Sarah Watts – the people behind TinyBeets Foods. The concept of TinyBeets came not long after the birth of our first child Quinn, as we moved into introducing foods to her we realised that there wasn’t a market for baby foods that was free from preservatives, over cooked and fillers that you buy in your average store bought brands. With this in mind we started to work towards a goal – to create a range of delicious and nutritious foods aimed towards babies starting their food journey.
With over 16 years as a professional chef, Anthony decided to use his experience and knowledge to create a menu that is not only ideal for babies in the 4 to 12 month bracket but also for babies that may have allergens and dietary needs.
The TinyBeets Difference
Typical baby food is over processed, contains additives, fillers, and heated to extreme temperatures to create a shelf-stable product
Tinybeets Foods are made from scratch, sourcing from local markets and frozen to seal in the fresh & full flavour. There are no ingredients in our meals that you wouldn’t have in your fridge or pantry. Our meals are as natural as possible.
We have designed our products to be something we would be 100% happy giving to our little one as well. As this is a frozen product there is no need to preserve or add anything we can’t pronounce.